Release Date: Out Now [Early Access]
Developer: K Monkey
Platform: PC / Mac / Xbox One
Rating: ESRB M
Ergastulum is a first-person fantasy horror adventure game that blends a mix of Asian and Western folklore to create a terrifying vision that will test a player’s faith to the extremes. The game focuses on psychological horror which relies on the character’s fears and abnormal psyche to frighten players.
An Ergastulum is an underground building used to hold dangerous slaves, or other creatures. This is the Dark World. The player must traverse between Hell and Earth to find the answers they seek with the hope of rediscovering their faith which they have lost.
- Full on horror experience not for the faint hearted
- Stealth gameplay using the lights and shadows around you
- Losing sanity affects your surroundings and how enemies react to the player
- 100% procedural-generated maps in the Dark World so every time you enter it will be the unknown
- Inspired by both Western and Chinese folklore to create new forms of horror
- Over 20 creatures each with their own unique traits
- Plus MANY more untold secrets for you to discover